Who Jesus Is To Me


To me personally, Jesus is the Savior in every sense of the word.

In my search for truth, I went down many wrong paths including all that's today called "New Age" venues, along with occult practices. It's a "given," that those paths lead to destruction, especially ANY involvement with the occult, but I didn't know that then. And sure enough, the more I got involved in those things, the more affliction came at me on all sides.

At the same time, I was a full-blown alcoholic. I suffered very deep depression, and for awhile, alcohol eased the pain. At the end, however, it affects one's liver and from that point on, it no longer eases pain, but changes the personality. While at one time alcohol had made me relaxed and happy, giggly, etc, it had progressed to the point of making me ugly - VERY ugly, and was taking me down the path that surely would bring me to death. By now, I was drinking every hour I was awake, from morning until I went to bed at night.

As my world was spinning out of control around me, and catapulting me deeper and deeper into depression, I tried all the remedies both for depression and also for breaking away from alcoholism, all without any success whatsoever, and I was left in a state of utter despair.

On a Thanksgiving weekend one year, a series of circumstances developed, which brought me to a true encounter with Jesus Christ. Never had I been as impacted by anything as I was in this experience. He revealed to me who he was, and that he was calling me to repentance and into the surrender of my life to him. The experience was so intense, that I had absolutely no doubt and I agreed on his terms.

Three weeks later, as I was in my kitchen on the day before Christmas eve, the Lord Jesus was suddenly there beside me. I did not see as one sees in the natural. I didn't see details. All I knew was that Jesus Christ was standing next to me and told me that if I would pour the drink I had in my hand down the kitchen sink, he would set me free from bondage to alcoholism. I poured the drink down the sink and as that liquid left my glass, all desire for alcohol instantly and totally left me. He had truly set me free. I wouldn't need "AA" or any other aid, I was truly free, and I did not experience ANY withdrawal whatsoever. In awe, I realized I had experienced a miracle.

That began a walk with him that has lasted now more than 30 years. In this time Jesus Christ has revealed to me who he is, why he came and walked the shores of Galilee, what it means for me personally, and what he wants from us. I've witnessed many more miracles during these years, and amazing manifestations of his love for me.

In the Scriptures Jesus foretold that in this world we will have tribulation, and that certainly has been true in my experience. But he has been present with me in every trial, strengthening me, encouraging me, and giving me hope. I've known him on the mountain tops, and I've known him in the valleys. He is EVERYTHING to me. I could never, ever express how much I love him.